In what has been described locally as a scramble, Kenyans have been jostling to set up new homes and businesses alongside the northern Nairobi bypass which is currently under construction.

The project is being funded predominantly by the Chinese government, which is paying 85 per cent of its estimated cost of 8.5 billion Kenyan shillings, with the Kenyan government picking up the tab for the remaining 15 per cent.

China has appointed China Road and Bridge Corporation (CRBC) as the contractor for the combined 70 km of northern and eastern bypasses, aimed at making Nairobi a regional business hub. A state-owned enterprise, CRBC is China

SHARE
Wanted in Africa
Wanted in Africa
Wanted in Africa, part of the Wanted Worldwide network, is a website in English for expatriates in Africa established in 2006. We cover Europe's news stories that may be of interest to English speaking residents along with tourists as well. Our publication also offers classifieds, photos, information on events, museums, churches, galleries, exhibits, fashion, food, and local travel.
67528
Previous article Kenya Airways starts flights to Angola
Next article Kenya Airways starts flights to Angola