Are you looking forward to a time of relaxation and leisure on the Kenyan coast? Here are 10 of the best sea resorts straddled along the Indian Ocean. The randomly listed resorts are in Watamu, Kilifi, Mombasa, just to mention a few. Some even feature in International magazines and publications and collect the top awards.
1. The Swahili Beach ResortThe Swahili Beach Resort is a relaxed beachfront establishment strategically situated at the world-renown Diani Beach - South Coast. The fine resort offers a taste of the local Swahili history and architecture, fusing historical cultural influences from the Middle East, Zanzibar, India, and the Bantu. There are five accommodation packages namely: Standard rooms, Club rooms, Superior rooms, Executive Suites, and Penthouses. 4 restaurants offering varied formal and casual dining options ranging from tasty Indian and Swahili flavors at the Spice Route, and tasty seafood at the Teppanyakki restaurant. Casual dining options are available at the Majilis restaurant and Barefoot Bar. This is the perfect destination for guests who desire a relaxed and quiet time.
2. Tamu Beach ResortThe Tamu Beach Resort is located close to the National Marine Park of Malindi, directly facing the Indian Ocean. Strategically placed at the heart of an 8,000 square meter garden, Stephanie Sea House (as was previously known), has 36 rooms with private baths, air conditioning, LCD TVs, you name it. The beautiful ocean directly stares at guests dining at the restaurant. Events such as weddings and private parties are occasionally held at the terraces.
3. Southern Palms Beach ResortThe Southern Palms Beach resort captures everything that is synonymous with the Indian Ocean. The place hosts various amenities including 5 bars, 2 large swimming pools, 3 restaurants, and a jacuzzi. There is a gym, two squash courts, a beauty salon, floodlights, a conference room, bureau de change, and water sports activities.
4. Silver Palm Spa and ResortThe Silver Palm Spa and Resort casts its excellence over the blue waters of the Indian Ocean. The untouched Kilifi coastline provides heavenly scenery lined with sandy white beaches and clear water. Tucked neatly alongside a scattered canopy of coastal palm trees, the vicinity offers relaxation spots and a refreshing cool breeze. The 38-room establishment entices all guests, from holiday-goers to newlyweds on their honeymoon. No better place to enjoy pampering and excellent customer service.
5. The Leopard Beach Resort & SpaThe Leopard Beach Resort & Spa is a world-class establishment along the Kenyan coast in Diani. Scattered across a 28-acre tropical garden facing the ocean, the resort boasts exquisitely tailored accommodation options. Leopard Beach has an endless string of awards ranging from Kenya’s Leading Beach Resort, Africa’s Leading Beach Resort, Africa’s Leading Spa Resort, and the main highlight which saw them scoop 2 awards at the 2019 prestigious World Travel Awards. As a five-star rated resort, guests enjoy opulence like no other. Expect sea view villas and suites, top-notch wines and whiskeys, watersports, spa time, culinary options, and a lot more.
6. Jacaranda Beach ResortThe Jacaranda Beach Resort spreads out on an 8 mile of sandy-white beachfront. It is one of the best resorts to witness the East African coastal marine nature at its finest. Low tides are revered as they expose sand-covered coral islands as the water-level recedes. The fine four-star establishment has five pools, wide relaxation spaces with unfettered sunlight, meeting rooms, and custom packages for team building and hosting events. A stone’s throw away is the vibrant nightlife of Watamu town.
7. Diani Sea Resort and Diani Sea LodgeDiani Sea Resort and Diani Sea Lodge rest on a prime location bordering the white sandy Diani beachfront. The resorts are all-inclusive and offer exceptional service, not forgetting the surrounding tropical gardens that grace the environment. The Diani Sea resort is a 5-minute drive from Ukunda Airstrip offering beachgoers an irresistible feeling. The rooms have private balconies, HD TV, safes, fridges, you name it. Most of the rooms are individual bungalows scattered across the tropical gardens.
8. Azul Margarita Beach ResortLuxury, style, and exclusivity mark the profile of Azul Margarita Beach Resort. Positioned right by the white sands of the coastal stretch, the establishment is a paradise awaiting your presence. Azul Resort has borrowed heavily on Arabia-Swahili architectural, highlighting the region’s cultural significance of the area to its guests. The Azul coastal beaches stand out as one of the cleanest parts of the Mombasa coastline. Other amenities include team building, conference facilities, and much more.
9. Voyager Beach ResortThe Voyager Beach Resort derives its name from the word ‘voyage.’ This explains their signature ship-themed resort that depicts a luxury cruise ship. The establishment is an excellent destination for family and travelers. Part of the main entertainment activities are animated journeys across the seven seas, special music, culinary extravaganzas, and acrobatic performances. MV voyager is just about to take you and your family out to sea. Get ready, be prepared.
10. Temple Point Resort WatamuTemple Point Resort is at the Northern point of Watamu’s Marine National Park. It is at this turn where the Indian Ocean flows into the Mida Creek. If you haven’t had a taste of barbecue in the mangroves, scuba diving, snorkeling or kite surfing, this is the place to enjoy your holiday. The environment is ripe for yoga, romantic dinners, and other passionate activities.
View on Map
Top 10 Sea Resorts in Kenya